Grammar Quiz #2
- Due Monday by 8:45pm
- Points 50
- Submitting a file upload
- Available Jun 8 at 7:30pm - Jun 8 at 9pm about 2 hours
Quiz #2 (50 points)
A. Modals: Answer the following questions in complete sentences using the modals/phrasal modals in parenthesis. Write two sentences for each question. (2 points each)
1. Choose your favorite holiday in your native country. Write about some customs of this holiday. (be supposed to, negative and positive forms; use the present tense)
2. What do you have to do before the quarter ends? ( Write two sentences with: have to)
3. What should you do to improve your English? (should, should not)
4. Your friend is tired all the time. What should she do?
(had better, should not)
5. While you are driving, what laws do you need to follow? (must, must not)
6. Write about possible summer activities that you will do this year. (may, might)
B. Complex sentences with adverb clauses. Finish the following complex sentences.
(2 points each)
1. Although I was sick yesterday,
2. She doesn’t do well in her classes because
3. I am not going to study this weekend even though
4. He cannot buy a house in San Jose because
5. He cannot buy a house in San Jose even though
C. Write complex sentences of your own using: because, even though, although.
(2 points each)
Topic: your plans for this summer
1. because
2. even though
3. although
D. Articles: Fill in the blanks with the appropriate articles. (a/an/the/some or no article)
(1/2 point each)
I went shopping yesterday because I had to buy _________ white shirt for my son. ________ shirt is for a performance that he is going to be in. All of ____________ kids in ___________ performance are going to be wearing white shirts.
I also bought ___________ gifts for my friend. I bought ________ book and
___________ necklace. ____________ gifts are for her birthday.
Finally, I went to the grocery story to buy some food for dinner. I bought
_________ pound of meat, ___________ bottle of tomato sauce, __________ noodles and _________ loaf of bread.
E. Articles and quantity words: Answer the following in complete sentences.
(2 points each)
1. What do you usually bring to the beach? (4 things)
2. If you fly to another city and forget your suitcase at home, what will you need to buy? (4 things)
3. What did you eat and drink yesterday? (4 things)
4. What do you want for your birthday? (4 things)
F. Count/noncount nouns (2 points each):
- Use the following quantity words in complete sentences.
- Use there is/there are in each sentence.
- Use a different noun in each sentence.
Topic: Things you see in the grocery store
1. many
2. a few
3. a little
4. not much
No comments:
Post a Comment