Thursday, 25 June 2020

grammar

compound

Topic:  your plans for summer vacation
For example:

We are supposed to  shelter in place,  so I will probably be at home a lot this summer.
I want to go camping in Lassen National Park, and I want to go kayaking in Monterey Bay

(1)I  supposed to go back my home country on summer holiday, because of corona virus outbreak I have to change my plan.   I am supposed to go back home to my country on summer holiday. Because of the corona outbreak, I have to change my plan.    Your sentence is not compound.  Plus, you have a comma splice.  Notice the punctuation error. 

(2)I want to go Los Angeles Destiny Land in summer but Disney Land is closed due to the corona virus outbreak.  Good!

(3)He is not show up yet  , the meeting is starting.  He has not shown up, yet the meeting is starting. 

(4)I supposed to take full time class in summer but it will take only 6 weeks and the teacher will  teach very \\\fast   so I need to change my plan.  Good sentence!  Review “be supposed to”.

(5)In summer,I will not work at the nursing facility and I will not study at De Anza College too. I need a break. I hope you have a nice break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment